SMS Terms And Conditions
Medelita Messaging Terms & Conditions
If you elect to receive marketing text messages from us, either via our website or by sending a text message indicating your consent, you are providing your prior express written consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional SMS text messages from us (each, a “Text Message”) sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. These may include cart reminder messages. Message frequency varies. This service is optional and is not a condition for purchase. You can opt out of receiving any further Text Messages from us at any time by replying “STOP” to any Text Message you receive from us. For help, reply “HELP” to any Text Message you receive from us or email email@example.com. In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s message and data rates may apply to our confirmation Text Message and all subsequent Text Message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving Text Messages. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates be responsible for any SMS messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit SMS messages, you may not receive the Text Messages.
If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided, you have an affirmative obligation to update your account information and the phone number(s) attached to your account to prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires any phone number(s) previously attributed to you, and any new phone number(s) you attach to your account may receive our standard marketing Text Messages unless you also unsubscribe via the above procedures.
Text the keyword STOP to the number provided via SMS to cancel. After texting STOP to this number you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and agree that Medelita and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Medelita through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
If you are experiencing any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your problem or your request for support.
This message program is a service of Medelita, located at 27 Hubble Drive, Irvine, CA 92618; email:email@example.com.
- General. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Medelita in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Medelita agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to these messaging terms and conditions ("Messaging Terms") or your receipt of text messages from Medelita or its service providers will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Messaging Terms, or your receipt of text messages from Medelita or its service providers whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when a claim arises. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THESE MESSAGING TERMS, YOU AND Medelita ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THESE MESSAGING TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection (1) above, nothing in these Messaging Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of you or Medelita to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Medelita will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Messaging Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Medelita. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- Notice; Process. If you or Medelita intends to seek arbitration, then the party seeking arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail ("Notice"). Medelita address for Notice is:27 Hubble Drive, Irvine, CA 92618, Attn: General Counsel with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Notice must: (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). You and Medelita will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if you and Medelita do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Medelita may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Medelita must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any.
- Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Messaging Terms, Medelita will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. If the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (i) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (ii) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (iii) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Medelita for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. You and Medelita agree that such written decision, and information exchanged during arbitration, will be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to enforce or permit limited judicial review of the award. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from you or Medelita made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND MEDELITA AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Medelita agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Messaging Terms, if Medelita makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Medelita address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Medelita address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Medelita.
- Enforceability. If an arbitrator decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of the limitations of subsection (6) above (addressing class, representative and consolidated proceedings) as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and brought in court. If any other provision of these Messaging Terms is found to be unenforceable, the applicable provision shall be deemed stricken and the remainder of these Messaging Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Changes to Messaging Terms
We reserve the right to terminate or change our messaging program at any time. We also reserve the right to change these Messaging Terms at any time and such changes will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued enrollment following such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.