The American Society Of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) recently released their annual report of plastic surgery procedures by regional distribution within the United States. According to the report, there were 1,706,106 surgical procedures performed during 2015 and 14,202,224 minimally invasive cosmetic procedures, resulting in 15,908,330 total cosmetic procedures for the calendar year.
Here were the top most popular procedures by region:
- There were 279,143 total breast augmentations performed, 36% of which were in mountain and pacific states. The lowest percentage of breast augmentations were performed in New England states, which comprised only 15% of all these procedures in the U.S.
- There were 203,934 eyelid surgeries performed, with mountain and pacific states making up 34% of those procedures, and southeast states making up 22%. The fewest number of these procedures were performed in north central states.
- Liposuction was the second most popular cosmetic surgical procedure, with 222,051 procedures performed in 2015. The highest percentage of these took place in the pacific and mountain states.
- The only procedure for which pacific and mountain states did not lead regionally was rhinoplasty, with 217,979 total rhinoplasty procedures performed total in the U.S. Only 27% of these happened in western states, while 29% were performed in the New England States.
- Overall, the highest proportion of both surgical and non-invasive cosmetic procedures took place in pacific and mountain states, at 30% and 29% respectively. The lowest proportion of both surgical and non-invasive cosmetic procedures took place in the southern states, at 16% and 14% respectively
See the ASPS 2015 regional cosmetic surery report here.