Self care is somewhat of a taboo subject, but slowly professionals, especially medical professionals, are acknowledging and promoting its importance.
In honor of #SelfCareSummer I wanted to share with you all my favorite ways to take care of #1!
• A GOOD MORNING ROUTINE. Because of my schedule my morning starts at a different time nearly everyday, but I try to make the time for a few basics!
• WATER WITH LEMON. I notice when I skip this step, I drink less water all together throughout the day which is no bueno.
• MORNING GREENS. I’ve never really been a breakfast person but a morning green smoothie is a great way to get a ton of good nutrients first thing in the morning…my favorite is kale, spinach, lemon, spirulina, ginger, green apple, and banana…yum!
• TIME MANAGEMENT. I try to give myself a little time in the morning to just enjoy my routine instead of waking up and rushing because I’m late. Keeps the cortisol levels down!
• HEALTHY EATING. Honestly one of my favorite days of the week is when I can get to the grocery store or Farmer’s Market and spend time picking healthy, beautiful foods. If you don’t have access to a market or organic grocery store, just buying local fruits and vegetables that are in season will make a big difference!
• GET MOVING! My favorite “workouts” are yoga and running. However, they’ve become much more about having time to clear my head than to get a good sweat… that’s just an added bonus!
• A GOOD BOOK. Don’t underestimate the power of getting lost in a book! Detach from your everyday world for a while and let your mind open up to the endless possibilities...
• MEDITATION. This is a new one for me. My mind is always racing, but I’ve found that the app Headspace is great introduction!